Friday, February 14, 2014
Thursday, June 6, 2013
Friday, May 24, 2013
Happy Memorial Day weekend Savvies! First off, apologies... the recipe hiatus is almost over. After Tyler and I got engaged, we started work on our new house - and ended up DEMOLISHING the kitchen! Sad day for Savvy, but suchhhh a happy day ahead! We have 2 more weeks on the house until it is (supposedly) complete and we will have our beautiful new kitchen back to cook it up! Until then, some recipes for you... whether you plan on lounging poolside, toasting with a tasty cocktail (or three) or scoping out the bazillion sales this weekend, here are some All-American dishes to celebrate Amurrrrica the right way:
- There's nothing like a burger and a marg on a warm summer day. If you haven't tried these Savvy Turkey Burgers with Brie, Avocado and Arugula, DO.
- If you're more of a salad chower, try Jessica's BLT Chopped Salad with Corn, Feta and Avocado over on How Sweet It Is- it looks (and tastes) so decadent with minimal effort!
- Tell me what sounds better than a Spicy Cucumber Margarita? Really, tell me. I'm waiting.
- Why does Mexican food always sound best on an American holiday? These Barbacoa Enchiladas oooze amaze in the pics- I'm dying to try them!
- Coffee Coconut Milk Ice Cream and Hot Fudge Sundaes. No further words necessary.
xoxo The Savvy Spoon
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Friday, March 22, 2013
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
The phrase Valentine's Day evokes some serious freaking reactions from people-- coupled up people, flying solo people, and uhh not so sure I think we're togeth but we haven't talked about it people. It can be awkward. It can be blah. It can... be awesome. Let your Valentine's Day be awesome- no matter who you're spending it with. Check out these menus for celebrating with your babe, your girls, your pooch, or your Apple TV:
Who are you spending VDay with?
I'm enjoying Valentine's Day with my favorite person, me: