1 large, bone-in, skin-on chicken breast
1/2 white onion, diced
1 package McCormick's Hot Taco Seasoning (see pic below)
3/4 cup water
1 bunch of cilantro, (only tops chopped up)
Queso Fresco (optional)
6 smaller flour tortillas, warmed
1. Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the chicken breast on a cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil. Drizzle with a little olive oil and then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Place in oven and cook for 35 minutes, then remove and let cool. Chicken breasts will not be fully cooked.
2. In a medium skillet, heat a tbs. of olive oil. Once warm, place in your diced 1/2 onion and cook over med-low for 10 minutes.
3. While onions are cooking and once the chicken has cooled, remove the skin and discard. Shred the chicken using two forks (or your hands!) into bite sized chucks. Add into the pan (along with any juices that may have escaped) with the onions and mix.
4. Add in the seasoning packet and the water to pan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down to simmering.
5. Fill the warm tortillas with the chicken mix; top with the fresh cilantro, a squeezed lime, and the crumbled queso fresco.
xoxo The Savvy Spoon