If avocado fills your life with joy as it does mine, take pleasure in these delicious dippers that will have you asking yourself, are these really good for me? Oh, but they are. Avocados, besides being the creamy and flavorful fruit of the Gods, are packed with billions of benefits for your health, internal and external. Save yourself the batter and oil and try these light and flaky fries. Trust me, you'll be wondering if it's okay to eat fries for every meal. And it is.
Baked Avocado Fries with Soy Dipping Sauce
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Makes 16 Fries
- 2 avocados (firmer if possible)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko
- 2 eggs, beaten with a splash of water
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 inch of ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove
- Sriracha to taste
- Make avocado slices: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Take your avocados slice them lengthwise. Twist halves and pull apart to reveal seed. Remove seed and scoop flesh out keeping halves in tact. Take your avocado halves and slice each into four slices lengthwise. You should have 16 dippers.
- Dredge avocado slices: Now its time to set up your breading station. Take out three plates and place your flour, your beaten egg, and your panko crumbs in each. Toss in some salt and pepper into your flour and a little into your Panko crumbs. Take your first avo dipper and place into flour with one hand and cover the dipper completely. Then place it into the egg bath and make sure the egg sticks all over. Lastly, place it into the panko and make sure the dipper is completely covered.
- Place on baking sheet: Cover a baking sheet with tin foil, and then (if you have) place a wire rack on top. If you don't have a wire rack, you'll simply flip your fries individually halfway through your cooking time. After it is covered in bready goodness, take each dipper and place it on the wire rack or sprayed aluminum foil.
- Bake fries: Place your fries in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until they are golden on both sides. While they bake, mix all ingredients together for the dipping sauce.
- Cool fries: Let cool slightly, dip and enjoy.
If you make this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, let me know what you think + be sure to tag any pictures with #TheSavvySpoon on Instagram!