If avocado fills your life with joy as it does mine, take pleasure in these delicious dippers that will have you asking yourself, are these really good for me? Oh, but they are. Avocados, besides being the creamy and flavorful fruit of the Gods, are packed with billions of benefits for your health, internal and external. Save yourself the batter and oil and try these light and flaky fries. Trust me, you'll be wondering if it's okay to eat fries for every meal. And it is. Enjoy!
Serves as many as you're willing to share.
1 cup flour
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten with a splash of water
salt and pepp
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 inch of ginger root, peeled and minced
1 garlic clove
Sriracha rooster sauce to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Take your avocados and peel away the skin and remove the seed. Here's the easiest way:
|Here are your avos- choose 2 that are firmer for this recipe.|
|Take your knife and place into seed. Twist to remove.|
|Use a spoon to scoop out the halves, leaving as little avo behind as possible.|
3. Take your avocado halves and slice each into four slices lengthwise. You should have 16 dippers:
4. Now its time to set up your breading station. Take out three plates and place your flour, your beaten egg, and your panko crumbs in each. Toss in some salt and pepper into your flour and a little into your Panko crumbs.
|Leave the ingredients out in case you need to refill.|
5. Take your first avo dipper and place into flour with one hand and cover the dipper completely. Then place it into the egg bath and make sure the egg sticks all over. Lastly, place it into the breadcrumbs and make sure the dipper is completely covered. Here are the steps in pics:
|Into the salt & peppery flour...|
|Into your little eggy bath...|
|Roll into those Panko crumbs! Cover every inch!|
6. Cover a baking sheet with tin foil, and then (if you have) place a wire rack on top. If you don't have one of these contraptions, you'll simply flip your fries individually half way through your cooking time.
7. After it is covered in bready goodness, take your dipper and place it on the wire rack (make sure it won't fall through the cracks). Repeat with all 15 remaining dippers.
|Yes if you're counting, there are only 12 dippers here. 4 of them made the cut for round two.|
8. Place your fries in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until they are golden on both sides. While they bake, mix all ingredients together for the dipping sauce and set aside.
9. Marvel at your golden green goddesses as the exit the oven. Resist your temptations, they are hot. Congratulate yourself on a healthy junk food fix. Dip and enjoy.
|Crispy on the outside, melty awesome on the inside.|
xoxo The Savvy Spoon