First off, apologies... the recipe hiatus is almost over. After Tyler and I got engaged, we started work on our new house - and ended up DEMOLISHING the kitchen! Sad day for Savvy, but suchhhh a happy day ahead! We have 2 more weeks on the house until it is (supposedly) complete and we will have our beautiful new kitchen back to cook it up! Until then, some recipes for you... whether you plan on lounging poolside, toasting with a tasty cocktail (or three) or scoping out the bazillion sales this weekend, here are some All-American dishes to celebrate Amurrrrica the right way:
- There's nothing like a burger and a marg on a warm summer day. If you haven't tried these Savvy Turkey Burgers with Brie, Avocado and Arugula, DO.
- If you're more of a salad chower, try Jessica's BLT Chopped Salad with Corn, Feta and Avocado over on How Sweet It Is- it looks (and tastes) so decadent with minimal effort!
- Tell me what sounds better than a Spicy Cucumber Margarita? Really, tell me. I'm waiting.
- Why does Mexican food always sound best on an American holiday? These Barbacoa Enchiladas oooze amaze in the pics- I'm dying to try them!
- Coffee Coconut Milk Ice Cream and Hot Fudge Sundaes. No further words necessary.