A tropical, breezy trip for your tastebuds by way of juicy pineapple, spicy garlicky shrimp and creamy avocado. And cauliflower disguised as rice! I know a real vacation sounds pretty enticing especially coming up on this three day weekend, but this one requires zero security lines, no sticky spray tan and not a single armrest hog! Let's get to it.
Okay so cauliflower "rice" is not exactlyyy rice but it's a great fluffy substitute to mix into your routine. All you have to do is pulse it quickly in your food processor or blender and toss it with some olive oil in your skillet to toast it up. Marinate the shrimp for 20 minutes and it cooks in 5 or less. Last but not least, sauté your rainbow of peppers and throw everything together. You'll be jetsetting in no time!
Hawaiian Cauliflower Rice Bowls with Garlic Shrimp
Prep Time: 20 mins (marinade time!) | Cook Time: 10 mins | Serves 2+
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 red bell pepper, diced with seeds removed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced with seeds removed
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced with seeds removed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced with seeds removed
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped pineapple
- 1 avocado, diced
- Marinate shrimp: Place cleaned shrimp into large ziplock and combine with flour, garlic, melted butter and sea salt. Place into refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Pulse cauliflower: Start by chopping the head of cauliflower into florets and then place into your food processor bowl or blender. Pulse into small rice-like texture and set aside.
- Toast rice: Warm 1 tbsp. olive oil in a nonstick skillet and then add in cauliflower rice. Toast cauliflower for 3-4 minutes and then remove from pan and set aside.
- Saute peppers & shrimp: Add another 1/2 tbsp. of olive oil to the pan and toss in all four peppers. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan, place aside and add in shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until the shrimp is pink.
- Assemble bowls: Start with your cauliflower rice, then add in the peppers and shrimp. Top with shallot slices, chopped pineapple and avocado. Enjoy!